I took insperation for my website from vogue, such as the layout of the site. The vogue website is quite minimalist with the main focus being on their articles and their images showing their fashion. Their website has the option to subscribe to their vogue newsletter, which updates them with fashion news. Unlike the vogue magazine, I have used a background on my site, unlike their plain white background
http://www.mensfashionmagazine.com/
I've also taken inspiration for my website from Mes fashion, such as the colour pallet of their website. Their design is quite similar to Vogues website, which I took inspiration from and adapted to my website. Both Vogue and men's fashion have articles that are on their front page to attract the audiences attention, and I have done the same for the same purpse
As you can see from the screenshot, the main page shows a model covered by the information and a link to their articles. You can also see the links to their other subsections of the page on the top of their page, which is similar to the design I have used. Unlike this website however, Mens fashion logo and name is displayed in the top left of their site, where as mine in shown in the top middle of my site with the links being underneath. Similar to the design of Vogues Website.
Magazine Influences
I looked at this magazine front cover when looking for influences and ideas for mine. From this cover, I got the idea of having my model positioned in the middle of the page with the text surrounding them around the sides. This is a common trope in fashion magazines, which makes my magazine fit in with other fashion magazines. However unlike this, this magazine has a white background, whilst my front cover has the background of the location the image is taken, which is a textured wall, which fits with the aesthetic of my website.
This magazines layout is very similar to the layout of Men's fashion, with the model being in the middle and the text surrounding them. With this magazine having the focus of a female model, the tet colour has changed to pink, apposed to the blue colour used for mens fashion


No comments:
Post a Comment